For "CLF in the media" (reports and interviews relating to these and other events), please click here.
CLF in the Public Square
Our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ calls upon us to be advocates in His place here on earth; as He is our advocate now at the right hand of The Father. At Christian Legal Fellowship (CLF), we believe that Christ calls upon us to use our God-given professional skills to seek and restore justice to the nation and to the world.
When an issue arises either by CLF's own monitoring or when brought forward by the general public, CLF can respond in a number of ways. CLF can/has:
- respond by way of letter; open, op-ed or directly to appropriate people or groups.
- sue on its own accord.
- successfully applied to the courts at all stages for formal intervenor status for legal actions that have been commenced by another.
- make educational submissions before local, provincial, national, and international bodies when they consider legislation in these areas.
- Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) status at the United Nations and can make representations there.
- appear on national and/or local television, radio and in the press and also at rallies and other public events.
Where formal court action or intervention is warranted, consistent with CLF mandate, and subject to available resources, CLF will make legal arguments and submissions based on Judeo-Christian principles and law. In recent years, CLF has been granted intervenor status by the Supreme Court of Canada and appellate courts in over a dozen cases affecting freedom of religion, conscience and speech, as well as life and family. In so doing, CLF has sought to communicate its position in a spirit of love and to demonstrate the principle that every individual is created in the image of God and therefore possesses a special dignity.
Below are PDF of Court Cases:
Bedford v. Canada - Prostitution Laws
Prostitution Law Challenge (breakpoint.org state their opinion)
Carter et al v. Canada Attorney General - Physician Assisted Suicide
Saskatchewan Human Rights Commision v. William Whatcott -Hate Speech
Leblanc v Canada Attorney General -Physician Assisted Suicide
Polygamy Reference Re: Section 293 of the Criminal Code CLF Intervenor BC Supreme Court
To access a number of additional documents associated with the Reference, click here