Summer Student Internship Program
The internship will run from May to August (approximately 12 weeks, start/finish dates flexible).
The summer student intern will work with the CLF team under the supervision of the CLF Executive Director and General Legal Counsel in our Burlington office. Some opportunities to work with and be mentored by CLF members in Burlington or other Ontario cities may be provided, depending on interest and experience. Nature of work will include the opportunity to undertake legal research, draft and prepare policy documents, assist with publication of the Christian Legal Journal, interview members and respond to member needs, assist with and attend the national conference and Christian Legal Institute, among other events and activities.
The successful candidate should:
- have an interest in the law and the ministry of CLF;
- agree with CLF’s Statement of Faith and objects;
- have completed at least two years of post-secondary studies at a university or college, although preference will be given to law students;
- have strong communication, research and organizational skills;
- be willing to work at CLF National Headquarters in Burlington, ON (CLF is willing to assist successful candidates in finding short-term housing);
In order to apply, please send a resume, a cover letter and a reference letter to Attn. Russ Browne c/o Janine as soon as possible. Interviews will be conducted sometime from mid-April to mid-May.